Located in central Durham, Durham Miners Hall, also known as the Pitmans Parliament, is the seat of a trade union democracy that shaped the lives of the people of County Durham for generations. Elected delegates from across the county met at Redhills from 1915 and created a pioneering social system before the creation of the national welfare state.

Mosedale Gillatt Architects were appointed in 2020 to lead a full design team to restore and extend this Grade II listed building. Following a successful £4.7m NLHF application the project has developed, with works due to commence on site in late 2022.